Find, Preview and Add Spatial Data, Increase ArcGIS User Adoption
Team-GIS Directory is an extension to ArcGIS Desktop for finding, previewing and adding data to ArcGIS. The tool provides a familiar tree-view interface to enable ArcGIS users to find the data they need, and provides spatial data administrators a way to logically organise and present an organisation's GIS data.
Using Team-GIS Directory you can make ArcMap much easier for new or novice users to operate, increasing the rate of user adoption during ArcGIS Desktop implementation projects:
- Provide your users with a secure, centrally managed tool for accessing your company's GIS data.
- Work in ArcMap without knowing (or caring!) where the GIS data is physically located.
- Locate GIS data quickly using powerful search tools.
- Preview GIS data without leaving ArcMap.
- View metadata for multiple layers at the same time.
- Minimise the amount of unproductive time you spend looking for your GIS data.
- Streamline your ArcMap data access workflows.
The benefits of using Team-GIS Directory are as follows:
- Improving ArcGIS Desktop usability during implementation leads to increased user adoption rates.
- High user adoption rates signicantly increase the chance of a successful desktop GIS rollout.
- Improved data management through reduced data duplication, and improved ArcSDE user tracking.