E&P GIS Training
ArcGIS Essentials for Petroleum
Duration: 2 days
An entry-level course that teaches you how to use Esri's ArcGIS Desktop within oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) activities using petroleum industry spatial data and workflows. This course allows you to explore the benefits in applying Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to your petroleum workflows.
You will be introduced to fundamental ArcView functionality that allows geoscientists to import spatial and non-spatial databases, integrate, manage and analyse data to produce information for decision-making.
Completing this course allows you to collect 7 AGI CPD points towards your professional development.
No geospatial knowledge is assumed beyond that acquired through the use of geological maps. Although petroleum exploration and production (E&P) sector knowledge is not required, this course is geared towards assisting participants to implement E&P workflows geospatially.
Geoscience professionals and support staff who are going to be using GIS tools and E&P project staff who need a basic understanding of GIS in order to manage geospatial projects.
- Uses industry standard ArcView tools from Esri (ArcMap, ArcCatalog, ArcToolbox)
- Short 2-day intensive course
- Hands-on learning by ‘doing’
- Focuses on learning how to put E&P workflows though a GIS and identifying the advantages – this is not a standard ‘learn about ArcGIS' course.
- Provides the basis for learning more advanced techniques
- Use ArcGIS to produce an E&P base map
- Learn basic ArcGIS functionality
- Use a number of data formats
- Create a template for making further base maps
- Setting up an E&P Project
- Managing E&P Data Layers
- Georeferencing Images
- Joining Spatial Data to Tabular Well Data
- Linking Spatial Data to a Well Database
- Creating Simple Hyperlinks
- Building Hyperlinks into an Attribute Table
- Digitising a Fault Map
- Editing a Simple Play Fairway
- Spatial Data Queries
- Attribute Query with SQL
- Simple Spatial Data Analysis
- Exporting Attribute Tables
- Producing Map Layouts
- Exporting Map Images
- Updating the Play Fairway
- Assessing Potential Acreage