E&P GIS Training
ArcGIS Data Management for Petroleum
Duration: 2 days
This course takes you through the development of oil and gas exploration and production (E&P) spatial data infrastructure. Using ArcGIS Desktop tools, you will be guided through the hands-on process of structuring and loading an E&P GIS using a realistic collection of well, surface and subsurface data sources from an operating field. You will also develop an understanding of how to implement metadata in a petroleum focussed spatial data infrastructure.
This course focuses on the management of a spatial data infrastructure and is geared towards helping you develop the skills needed to manage data quality and refresh datasets without compromising the integrity of the data store.
Completing this course allows you to collect 7 AGI CPD points towards your professional development.
It is assumed that participants have completed an introductory ArcGIS course and/or acquired equivalent knowledge through the use of ArcGIS desktop tools.
Data management, IT, geoscience and other professionals and support staff who are going to be building and managing spatial data infrastructure for specific projects, assets or company wide data stores and need to be able to acquire the relevant ArcGIS skills and knowledge.
Participants with GIS expertise but who are new to the oil and gas sector will gain a more thorough understanding of the spatial data management issues.
- E&P spatial data infrastructure focus
- Uses industry standard ArcGIS desktop tools from Esri
- Short 2-day intensive course
- Hands-on learning by ‘doing’
- Use oil field data sets to build a working GIS
- Encounter and deal with the common issues and problems
- Participate in a strategic decision making workshop
- Develop an understanding of GIS management issues
- Develop strategies for managing spatial data infrastructure
- Overview of Building an E&P GIS Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI)
- Create a Geodatabase
- Well Data
- License Data
- Seismic Data
- Raster Data and Raster Catalogs
- Spatial Data Metadata
- Implementing Desktop Access
- Strategic Decisions in E&P GIS Implementation
- GIS in the Oil & Gas Project Lifecycle
- Stakeholders and GIS Focal Points
- Managing an E&P GIS
- Spatial Data QC
- Managing an SDI
- Interfaces with Third Party Systems
* Note that the focus of this course is on the development and management of spatial data infrastructure for E&P, this is not a spatial database course.