E&P GIS Training
ArcGIS Basin and Play Analysis for Petroleum
Duration: 2 days
This course provides you with the ArcGIS skills required to undertake basin analysis and petroleum play fairway mapping workflows using Esri's ArcGIS Desktop and Spatial Analyst tools.
Note that this course does not use any Exprodat software - focussing instead on how 'out-of-the-box' ArcGIS tools can be used to achieve basin and play analysis workflows.
You will learn the advanced editing skills needed to efficiently develop and manage complex play fairway polygons, as well perform common basin analysis tasks in ArcGIS, such as creating creaming curves, plotting field size distributions and modelling migration pathways . In addition you will also learn how to use the ArcGIS Spatial Analyst extension.
Completing this course allows you to collect 7 AGI CPD points towards your professional development.
It is assumed that participants in this course have completed an introductory ArcGIS course or acquired equivalent knowledge.
Geoscience professionals and support staff who are going to be performing basin analysis or creating play fairway maps. The course focuses on how such analyses can be completed using ArcGIS-based techniques, rather than the science of the techniques themselves.
- E&P geoscience interpretation focus
- Uses industry standard ArcView tools from Esri (ArcMap, Spatial Analyst)
- Short 2-day intensive course
- Instructor-led hands-on learning by ‘doing’
- Learn advanced editing techniques
- Develop and use workflows for basin analysis
- Investigate techniques for play fairway and common risk segment mapping
- Learn how to create raster datasets using interpolation
- Understand and use geospatial tools to model migration pathways
- Setting up a Mapping Project and ArcGIS Environment
- Symbolising Data using Styles
- Using File Geodatabase Attribute Domains
- Georeferencing Images
- Using ArcGIS Template-based Editing †
- Creating Creaming Curves
- Calculating Yet-to-find Data
- Analysing Block Statistics
- Interpolating Point Data
- Creating a Surface using Fault Breaklines
- Converting Contours to a Continuous Surface
- Migration Pathway Mapping
- Mapping Accumulation and Fetch Areas
- Reclassifying Rasters into Probability/risk
- Combining Probability Maps
- Creating Stick Plots
- Animating Time Data
† ArcGIS 10.0 and later versions only