E&P GIS Training
ArcGIS 3D Surface Analysis for Petroleum
Duration: 1 day
This course guides you through raster and vector surface data management and analysis using Esri's ArcGIS Spatial Analyst and ArcGIS 3D Analyst desktop extensions. Particular focus is given to raster surface grid processing and derived value-added analysis products. When you complete this course you will have the knowledge and confidence to apply surface data analysis to your oil and gas workflows.
Onshore and offshore terrain data has many applications within the exploration and production (E&P) sector. This course provides you with an awareness of:
- Data availability, surface elevation data capture and data management
- Terrain and surface analysis techniques in ArcGIS
- Interpretation & sector application (Geoscience, HSE, Engineering)
Completing this course allows you to collect 4 AGI CPD points towards your professional development.
It is assumed that participants of this course have completed an introductory ArcGIS course or acquired equivalent knowledge. Although petroleum exploration and production (E&P) sector knowledge is not required, this course is geared towards helping participants use surface and terrain data in E&P workflows.
Geoscience, engineering and HSE professionals and support staff who are going to use surface data within GIS projects and need to be able to acquire the relevant ArcGIS skills and knowledge. Participants will learn how to use geoprocessing tools and models using Spatial Analyst and 3D Analyst for surface analysis geoscience applications.
- E&P geoscience focus
- Uses industry standard ArcGIS tools from Esri
- Short 1-day intensive course
- Hands-on learning by ‘doing’
- Import, use and manage Digital Elevation Models (DEMs)
- Use the “Terrain” modelling functionality in ArcGIS
- Import LIDAR data and build a terrain dataset
- Integrate terrain models and satellite image data
- Display integrated remotely sensed data and terrain models in 2D and 3D perspective views to undertake ‘virtual geoscience mapping’
- Use and Management of Raster DEMs in ArcGIS
- Use and Management of Vector DEMs in ArcGIS
- High Resolution DEMs - LiDAR
- Surface Tools – Terrain Mapping
- Flow Analysis – Hydrology Mapping
- Distance Analysis – Cost Path Mapping
- 3D Visualisation Methods in ArcGIS