Team-GIS Segment Analyst
Team-GIS Segment Analyst is an extension to Esri's ArcGIS Desktop that provides a complete toolkit within ArcMap for creating "common risk segment" or play chance maps for use in play fairway and petroleum systems analysis, essential in play based exploration and geologic exploration risk assessment.
Using Team-GIS Segment Analyst you can easily create numeric risk layers for key petroleum system elements such as reservoir presence, source quality, seal presence, etc., and combine them together to create common risk segment maps:
- Identify the spatial limits of your petroleum plays.
- Convert geologic, geophysical and engineering data to numeric risk or probability values.
- Combine layers mathematically in order to summarise complex geology into easy-to-understand risk maps.
- Integrate in-house data with purchased GIS datasets and improve the quality of your interpretation.
- Discover new exploration ‘sweet-spots’ and opportunities.
- Improve your understanding of play risk and help develop play investment strategy.
- Use in conventional and unconventional resource assessment.
The benefits of using Team-GIS Segment Analyst are as follows:
- Make better decisions by understanding the spatial distribution of play risk.
- Increase efficiency by automating the often laborious process of stacking risk maps.
- Improve communication between different teams, disciplines, and with management by using maps to summarise complex geological analysis.