In this eBook we explain Exprodat’s approach to developing a GIS strategy. The eBook looks at the reasons for having a GIS strategy, the framework of a GIS strategy and the process for developing it.
Having a correctly defined GIS strategy in place will increase the likelihood of delivering successful GIS projects by making sure that technology meets real business needs.
A GIS strategy should provide an organisation with:
- A clear vision and objectives for a GIS, linked to business needs
- A plan to achieve those goals that will inform all decisions taken around GIS activity.
This eBook (PDF) will investigate and explain:
- Reasons to have a GIS strategy.
- Exprodat’s GIS strategy development approach.
- The GIS functionality “value gradient”.
- The GIS implementation landscape.
- Exprodat’s GIS “Maturity Matrix”.